Wednesday, July 16, 2008

something to think about . . .

Sometimes the Nature Quote of the Day feed I have on this site is a little contrary to the Biblical pattern. I have thought about it and wondered if I should remove it because on occasion it has quotes that are humanistic, quotes that are super-spiritual, and sometimes quotes from religious leaders apposed to Christianity. For the most part, they are thought provoking and truthful observations. For those that are offended easily by any ideas, attitudes, words, or even quotes that are from the "world" I apologize, and want us to remember that we are still in this world. And as for me, I am still reminded that it was not too long ago that I lived, thought, and desired to glorify myself instead of God, and believed my own wisdom to be the higher authority. That said . . .

The job deal is somewhat settled. I have to travel up to Ohio next week to sign some papers and show some information that confirms I am a legal citizen of the US. I can't wait until the retina scan comes into play and I feel like an agent on a special assignment by going to work each day. We are on the HUGE house hunt now and growing more excited about moving day by day.

We are currently hosting a family from San Diego County California while they are here for a anniversary party. They are a lovely family of 12 with children ranging from 18 down to 2. It is great to meet new people, share stories, and get to know how other families have interpreted what the "family" is. I am excited to learn from them as we sit and share our experiences.

No comments: