Sunday, July 6, 2008

miscellaneous news . . .


Sadness (Gresham after hearing me say no :)
9 x 12
Graphite pencil
(unfinished)

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I have been encouraged to start making art again. How long this "spell" will last, I don't know, but it sure does help to have this skill while I am sitting and waiting on a job to come through. I have also been making Artist Trading Cards to send to other artists. It is way for artists to trade small ( 2.5 x 3.5 ) original works of art. Making them, trading them and getting them is fun. I just sent my first two out in the mail. One went to Maine, here in the states, and the other to Iran. I am looking forward to giving and getting ATC's from all over the world.

Job front looks promising. I have one offer for a position and am hoping for a couple more. I really want the one in Lima to come through.

Finishing up the Contrary Farmer and am excited to start a new book Ildi got from the library. It is called The Concise Guide To Self-Sufficiency by John Seymour. This summer so far has been a book reading, art-making summer. This next week I will take the family on a couple of sight-seeing trips, then the following week will go back to Ohio for some more interviews. That week we are also going to host a family from California that is coming out to visit friends and family. They will stay with us about nine days, and everyone is looking forward to meeting them and spending time getting to know each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is talent! Very well done sir. I absolutely love pencil drawings/sketches. There is just something that really intriques me with black and white art/pictures, etc, etc.

Glad to hear you have a couple of job prospects finally lining up, not many days of summer left are there?