Each evening this past week we have spent some time mucking out the barn. Apparently, there was a beef operation on the farm at one point and the barn is LOADED with dried manure. There will be no need to buy compost or manure for the gardens this year (or next!)
We started working from pole to pole doing one section of it at a time. Good for us, each night Janey sleeps right in front of the hay chute. So we started there. Filling that small area with straw is easy for now. Our plan is to get all the floor mucked in the next week then we can start on the loft part of the barn. It sure feels good to have that old mess cleaned out.