Saturday, July 19, 2008

around the lake . . .

What a way to travel with some bikes! We have such a system working that I am afraid to buy a real bike rack and spoil the program. This past Wednesday we decided to extend our trip and ride a few more miles. I anticipated adding about three more to the seven already, but in the end, we ended up riding a total of fourteen miles this time. I am wondering if any one of the children will end up doing marathons when they get older. Gresham fell asleep two miles into the ride and remained sleeping for about twenty minutes. After that, he woke up and stayed awake for the entire ride. The day was beautiful and the weather was cooler that normal. This lake picture looks darker than it actually was that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And also we ensure that when we enter in this specific blog site we see to it that the topic was cool to discuss and not a boring one.

leigh anna said...

kyle and i...with a group of friends went riding bikes yesterday ....
the person in front of me hit a tree, and trying not to hit her, i ended up stopping abruptly in a ditch....with my bike somehow twisted around my body!
(ha!)
i do have 7....maybe more if i count today....nice size bruises from the fun time! :)
ahh the joys of bikes!

foutfolk said...

As I go to the number seven in what you wrote, I thought you were going to say STITCHES! I am so glad that you only have bruises. However, the older you get, the worse it is falling on a bike. I am constantly sketchy about riding with my youngest on the back.