Sunday, December 20, 2009

in the house . . .

Today, my 45th birthday, will be celebrated by going to our New farm and doing some work. I want to get it ready to move in by the end of December.

For those that don't know me well, you might think that working in a house on my birthday seems like "work" and that doing something special for the day would be fun. Well, working on my home, on my birthday or not, IS a whole bunch of "fun" for me. I love painting walls, cleaning out cabinets, re-arranging furniture, and building things to fit in the home.

Living in a rental house this past year with white walls has taken its toll. (living with white walls is not bad, nor is it like living in a prison camp) But as an artist, the physical aesthetics of a place is extremely important. We have decided on colors to paint, and I just purchased a wood burning stove, and ordered a wood cook stove for us to cook on and to use for heat. It's all really exciting!

On another note . . .

We, the FOUTFOLK, wish everyone a very
Merry Christmas
and a
New Year
filled with God's Peace and Joy.

No comments: