Thursday, December 17, 2009

it's a DONE deal . . .

Trust me, I had my doubts. I'm not sure why, but I had this little conversation of doubt during this whole process of purchasing this farm. Not that I was not trusting God. Not that I doubted that it would happen. But I had this little doubt that was still nagging during this entire time. I think it was due to renting for so long and living in temporary situations for the last 2 1/2 years. My view of what was normal had changed. Actually, 3 years ago in January I was aware that we would be moving out of California. So this January it will be 3 years that it has taken us to get into our family farm. Three years of uncertainty is a long time for me. I honestly don't see how others who live in transit situations do it. It would be a huge stress for me.

Today we signed the title and I signed the formal loan document. What's crazy is that our loan payment here for our 31 acre farm is half of what my renters pay for a 1500 sq. foot home on less than 1/4 of an acre in Los Angles. What a huge difference.

Saturday we are going up to the home to start on the cleaning and painting process. We want to get everything (most everything) done BEFORE we move in. I'll be sure to take some photos and post them here.

No comments: