Friday, November 13, 2009

what we've been looking for . . .



Lady is the newest addition to our family of animals. We got her today, after I came home from looking at the house/farm I am going to put an offer on at 5:00 pm today. What a day of excitement!

Earlier this week Ildi found a house on the market that I later called on. We went to visit it, and both Ildi and I felt like it the house that we have been looking for. The children all said they really liked it as well. It is on a busier road than what we want, but has all the other things we have been looking for in a homestead. 31 acres, fenced pasture, open pasture, large barns, 5 bedrooms, and three bathrooms. Hopefully this one will be the one that we actually purchase, move into, and settle our lives into an area of this world. And hopefully for a LONG while!

As well, I told the children if they cleaned out the barn here at the farm, I would buy them a horse. Well, they worked hard cleaning out all the junk, shoveling out the dirt/glass/and trash, and so I made good on my word and picked her up today. Today we rode her a bit and all were excited to take turns riding her around the place.

2 comments:

LauraT said...

Wow! How fun! A horse for their barn-cleaning efforts! You guys look like you're having lots of fun. I wish we were there to give Lady a spin! Hopefully this house you've found will be "the one." Keep us posted.

thompson said...

Praying this is the house! Noland and Garth look great on lady! Say 'hi' to everyone--miss you all