Saturday, January 26, 2008

circumstances...

After 8 months or so from arriving in Los Angles, God called me to follow him. I had never previously been invited to accept the Lord, However on a couple of occasions, people shared the message that God loved me. Crazy, but I already knew that without having to hear someone tell me. During that time, I was working in a gym training people how to develop an exercise program tailored to meet their fitness goals. Having been a high school and college athlete, I was extremely interested in fitness, and it was nice to get paid to tell people how to get in shape. It was at this fitness center that I met Ildi. She was a young 19 year old know-it-all atheist who revelled in crushing immature Christians who had sketchy Theological arguments. We became friends, and after several months, she accepted the Lord. That circumstance could be a whole series of posts that I will spare until another time. Time passed (about 4 years) and I finally asked her to be my wife. Our engagement was short, and we were suddenly a married couple. We planned on waiting to have children for the usual socially accepted time frame, but quickly realized that one of the reasons we married was to have children. So we started. And then really (almost) never stopped. :)

No comments: