Monday, January 7, 2008

2008...cont...

And so I spent the days of my youth in the same town, and in the same house until I graduated from high school.

Ildi, on the other hand, grew up on the west coast. She actually lived in Pasadena most of her childhood with her Hungarian immigrated parents and grandparents. They came to the US during the Hungarian Revolution back in '56. It is fun to talk with her mom about the old days. I never met her father. He was killed in an unfortunate car accident when she was 16. When I met her, she was 19, and living in Chino, CA, which is just outside Los Angeles county. She had graduated from high school one year early and was working and attending college. She was a devout atheist at that point.

After I finished High school I attended Morehead State University in Morehead, Kentucky. I finished a B.A. degree in Art and right after graduation, flew to Los Angeles to make my mark on the world. First time flying, first time in a big city, first time living in an apartment, first time.....get the pattern here?

No comments: