I had purchased a screen door to put on to allow a nice air flow in the room and when I took it up to the loft, there was no way it was going to fit. Even if I cut a lot from it. So, I keeped the door for a week or so and modeled the one built from it. It was fairly easy to build, and I think I probably had $3 - $7 in the total screen project.
Today was a creative day. For the past several weeks I have been busy with school starting and with chalkboards on my Etsy business. It had been awhile that I spent some time making things I want to make. So today I spent some time building a shelf that I wanted in the bathroom, re-arranging towels racks, adding shelves to the boy's room, adding some art in the girl's room, and making some gourd bird houses. A while back, a friend gave me four uniquely shaped gourds from his garden. I have been excited to get to making these for some time, so I spent the time today. And it was great! I washed, sanded, and spray painted them blossom white. The holes had already been cut for me. After the paint dried, I used my gourd craft book I had gotten many years ago to get inspired to add some knotted string. It's a sort of macrame. I will be wrapping the string around the top of the gourd so I can hang them on the wire between the garage and the horse barn. It is a favorite place for birds and I hope a few of them start using the gourds as their home.