Wednesday, October 7, 2009

hole in my pants . . .

The same morning that the chicken incident happened, I also had a little accident at school. In the process of cleaning up the storage area of the art room, I was taking a poster filing cabinet off the table to store it in a different place. (I needed the counter space and the cabinet looked a little shabby as well) As I was pulling it off the counter, I realized that it was a "little" heavier than what I expected, so I used my knee to hold it up and lower it slowly . . . stopping it from crashing on the floor and putting a hole through it! The last few seconds of the descend it ripped a hole in my pants at the knee, and finally dropped to the floor. "Whew . . . that is over" I thought to myself as I wiped the sweat from my forehead. A minute later my knee area started filling up with blood. I sat down on a small stool, raised my pant leg and noticed that I had torn the skin on my knee all the way to the cartilage! About an inch long altogether. Blood was soaked into my pants at the knee, and was now running down my leg. It's a good thing I did not panic, because right then, my third grade came into the class for art.

Long story short . . . even though I was advised by the school nurse to go the emergency room where I should have gotten 5 to 10 stitches to close the wound, being the MacGyver kind of guy that I am, I just used some bandages and some tape for a make-shift butterfly to close the wound and to keep my knee from bending. And one week later . . . God has brought about a complete healing! Don't hate me Mrs. Thompson.

3 comments:

LauraT said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. Praise God for healing you! Go MacGyver! Who needs the emergency room anyway? You probably spared yourself exposure to the swine flu! Tell Ildi and the kids the Thomases say "hello."

Traveler said...

An old pastor of mine once said that there wasn't nuthing that couldn't be fixed with bailing wire and chicken medicine! He was an old farm hand. Maybe you are cut out of the same cloth, sort of.

thompson said...

I'm just glad infection didn't set in. Sometimes good old fashioned homemade first aid is better than modern medicine. Tell everyone hi for me.