Monday, December 17, 2007

after 10 tears (i mean ten years!)

Last Sunday night, I sent the culminating work of the last ten years of my education. The Thesis Research Paper on multiple intelligence. I started the Master of Education in Cross-Cultural Teaching 10 years ago in 1998. Technically, you are supposed to finish the teaching part in five years or less, and the master part in two years or less, accounting for a total of seven years max. Whoops! I missed that one. I had to write an extension letter to the University and wait for their approval of extending the program for me. They did, and I just finished with it by sending the work. Now, I wait for a couple months to get the piece of paper I paid $29,000.00 dollars for! Yeah for me. (or not)

I have missed this type of writing...not having to cite all my sources. I was joking the other day with Ildi saying that I would write or say things like "according to Ildi, (2007) in her comment about our lives here in NC..." around the house. She didn't seem too amused by it.

We are now going to be actively involved in the "hunt" for the farm. Ildi has continued to research online about property and has built quite a base of knowledge on what is available. She could have written a Thesis on "property" and the pursuit of it with the amount of time she has spent researching. I am thankful that she has that "researching" gift. I don't. Hence the 10 tears (I mean years).

Christmas is quickly approaching, we are experiencing some colder weather, and school break time is this week. I really want it to snow here for the children to experience, but if it doesn't, we will probably travel up to Ohio for a short visit with family and friends.

Tradition, and traditional activities have not always been part of our lives. We have however, started a few over the years. One of them is that we have Crepes each Christmas morning for breakfast. It is the only time Ildi makes them so it makes it a special type of tradition. I am wanting to establish traditions more and more in our family's life. They have a sense of belonging and purpose to them.

Please post some of your family holiday traditions for me to see.

Asher said the other day that we should only get one Christmas present a piece this year. I asked why of course. He said, "If we get too many presents, we will just have to box them up when we move". He is a practical thinker :)

No comments: