Tuesday, January 22, 2013

mini marathon . . .

Yesterday was Amory's 17th birthday.  Happy Birthday to her!  Most of the day was spent doing normal daily chores and activities.  Milking, cutting wood, dishes . . .   And last night we did a couple of special activities to celebrate.

First we went bowling at one of the local bowling lanes.  Since it was Monday night, we were able to bowl along side the local Elks club league.  What that entailed was a whole bunch of older men drinking beer and showing us farm folks how to bowl.

Second, we came home and had some DELICIOUS raspberry topped, chocolate cake that Macy made.  


And after cake and a few presents, we all watched several episodes of the BBC TV Series of Robin Hood.

Robin Hood Poster

Since we don't have television, we get a series of older, and newer programs and watch the seasons of it like a television marathon.  And last night was a mini marathon.  We finished watching the last episode at 2:00 am!  I was happy this morning when I checked online and found out school was cancelled for the day.  I slept in a bit, and have the whole day to rest, and do a little bit of work.  I suspect that the children will be sleeping in a little longer than usual today.


4 comments:

LauraT said...

How fun! Happy birthday Amory! That cake looks fabulous! Can Macy come out to California and make me that exact same cake for my birthday? It's coming up soon....

Queenacres said...

All I could think about while reading your post was "How fun"! Obviously I'm not the first to think that...but what a great day!

foutfolk said...

Laura-I can put her on a LOAN to you! :)

Queenacres-And some would say that I was irresponsible. However, when the children are 35, those are the times they will remember! :)

MacyAnne said...

Mrs. Thomas, When I come to CA I will make you a cake :) Can't say about anytime soon though!