Friday, January 21, 2011

our best wishes . . .

This week has been a vacation it seems.  Monday was a holiday, Wednesday school was canceled, and now today we are on a delay (so far).  It feels like break time all over again!

Today is the day that Amory, our oldest daughter, turns 15.  Wow, time stops for no one, not even her.  As we were filling out best wishes for her on her card, I wrote that I never imagined my first born daughter at the age of fifteen.  Not that I did not expect that day to come all at.  It's just that it has come so quickly.  Sort-of like when you fall asleep in a chair for just a second, and in reality it is a couple of hours that you have been "resting".

Today my little girl is no longer my "little" girl.  She is a 5'9" stately young woman that has God's grace woven into the fabric of her character.  She is a pleasure to have as a daughter and a joy to her siblings.  She is bright, responsible, gentle, caring, and witty.  She is everything that a fifteen year old daughter should be.  Since she is not caught up in the usual fifteen year old emotional and situational drama, she is everything that I imagined and hoped she would be.

Happy Birthday Amory!  We love you.


This is the 18 x 24 inch card I made for her and had all the children sign.  Having a HUGE card was Maine's and Macy's idea.  :) 

6 comments:

19lt70 said...

Happy Birthday Amory! Wow - 5'9"! Unbelievable! Elena is that height, too. Sobering for me. Amory has turned in to a real gem of a young lady. Send her my best wishes.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Amory! Hope you had a wonderful day!

uncle said...

happy birthday amory

Hannah said...

Happy late birthday Amory!!!!

Mr. Fout can you tell me when Amory gets her package?

foutfolk said...

Hannah,

She received your package yesterday in the mail. And OHHHHH was she excited!

As soon as I got home from school, she HAD to show me. And it was extremely creative. I am impressed!

Your thoughtfulness and friendship speaks loudly of your wonderful character. She is fortunate to have a friend like you. :)

Mr. Fout

Hannah said...

I am so glad she liked it! I've spent the last two day wondering if she got it and if she liked it :)