Saturday, September 11, 2010

sometimes they ride with saddles . . .

WHAT an eventful few days . . . PHEW! I need to take a big sleep now. :)

Wednesday after school I came home and started this whole series of NEW events that will continue until tomorrow evening. First, I came home right after school, got in my previously furniture loaded van and headed out to Wisconsin. An Amish friend of mine was getting married on Thursday, so I took a couple of days off from school to attend the wedding, and drive his belongings out to where he is going to be living now.

I arrived there early in the morning, around 2 AM and slept until early morning chore time. That day I witnessed a traditional Amish wedding full of customs and culture and spent the whole day involved with the celebration of the wedding couple.

The following day (Friday) I drove some of the extended family members on the Cassville Ferry over the Mississippi river into Iowa and took them back to their home.


From there I came back to Ohio after driving by Castle Rock, a home built by Frank Lloyd Wright, and President Ulysses S. Grant's Home in Galena, Illinois. I got home around 5:30 AM just in time to take a shower and see my children off to their very first horse riding competition.

Both Amory and Nolan have joined one of the local county's High School Equestrian Team and today was their first of three competitions involving horse riding. Nolan participated in English riding, and both him and Amory also competed in Western Style. I couldn't tell you the name of all of the events they did, but what I do know is that sometimes they rode with saddles, and sometimes without them!

In the activities they showed, walked, trotted, and cantered their horses, and Nolan even jumped with Lady. Here are photos of some of events they did today.





No comments: