Monday, June 23, 2008

hi ho . . . hi ho . . .

It's off to Ohio I go . . . (again) Tomorrow is my "look, I'm driving to Ohio again trip" It might sound like I have an attitude about driving up to Ohio huh? I don't, or at least I think I don't. I am thankful that I have some interviews lined up and I am REALLY hoping to arrange a few more while I am there.

In addition, the ODE (Ohio Department of Education) sent me a letter stating that I needed to send them copies of my previous credentials to evaluate, of which it would cost me $50.00 to evaluate them, and that the fee went up for credentials from $60.00 to $200.00. WOW! inflation doesn't wait for anyone. I also made an appointment to be fingerprinted again. Ohio doesn't trust that I can work with children until THEY personally check it out. Forget that I have been fingerprinted in two other states. Here in NC is was only $10.00. I guess it doesn't matter though, they must realize that I am made of money :)

Amory and Gresham have had a couple of days with fevers. Nothing big. Everyone else seems to have avoided it. We'll see. Today we were supposed to go to the NC Zoo with some friends, but with Amory feeling bad, we decided to all stay home.

1 comment:

rob said...

Hey there Garth! As an ex-Air Force brat I can honestly say the three most beautiful places I have ever lived have been 1. Maine, 2. Ohio, and 3. Arkansas where I currently live. I was born in Goldsboro NC but was only there as an infant so I can't include that one as I don't really remember that much about it. In Ohio, I lived in the small suburb known as Beavercreek, about thirty miles south east of Dayton. Or at least it was about 15 years ago.

I can definitely empathize with the public school structure. As a Technology Coordinator in the Ozark Public School system, I also had to go through the multiple fingerprinting, and shot records thing. It was slightly annoying. A Masters degree doesn't go as far as it used to, that much is sure.

I hope the kids are feeling better and your time in Ohio is profitable!